What is CBD oil?
CBD is one of the components present in marijuana plants. Two components of marijuana are delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and CBD. Both of these compounds produce entirely different effects on the human body. THC is responsible for intoxication and producing psychoactive feelings whereas, researchers are finding some beneficial effects of CBD on the human body. Although CBD drugs are also responsible for producing some other medical side effects however, it also shows some significance. Moreover, legalization for CBD oil UK, Europe, and other regions have also been discussed on many forums.
In this article, we will get to know some of the benefits as well as the side effects of using CBD drugs.
Benefits of using CBD drugs:
According to the studies CBD drugs produce certain medical benefits
- Researchers believe that CBD based drugs can be used for the treatment of chronic pain.
- CBD used in creams and ointments helps in reducing the inflammation and thus can be used in the acne treatment.
- CBD produces a relaxing effect that can be used by smokers when they are trying to quit smoking. It reduces the craving of nicotine.
- After years of research and studies now, the FDA has approved the use of CBD based drug Epidiolex for the treatment of epilepsy.
- Recent studies have shown betterment in the memory of Alzheimer’s patients after CBD based drugs have been used on them.
- The use of CBD based drugs has also shown a reduction in the size of tumor cells however studies are still going on to find the connections of tumor cells and CBD drugs.
- CBD drugs also showed positive responses in treating anxiety and depression.
Side effects of using CBD based drugs:
Although many types of research are taking place in the medical field to find out the therapeutic significance related to CBD drugs and many of them are successfully showing encouraging results, however, FDA has only approved one CBD based drug and that drug is Epidiolex. This drug has shown some pronounced effects in the treatment of epilepsy and seizures. Most people can tolerate CBD drugs however; it has certain side effects on the body which can’t be ignored. Some of them are listed below.
- Most people feel tiredness after taking CBD drugs
- Some people experience severe diarrhea
- Weight loss and weight gain both types of conditions have been noticed in a person taking these drugs.
- Loss of appetite is also one of the side effects of having these drugs
- The use of CBD drugs with other medicines can influence the effectiveness of that drug.
- In some people, the liver has been severely affected by taking these medicines.
- Its anti-inflammatory response can reduce inflammation for a longer time.
- Lungs are also being affected by taking these drugs.
These CBD based products can be used in various forms from e-cigarettes to skincare and oils. There are many websites available to buy CBD oil in UK and Europe and other legalized regions.