ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ZIRCONIA COVERS
If we talk about the material that offers aesthetics in the dental world we will be talking about Zirconia, which is why it is considered the best alternative for aesthetic restorations above all in the previous sector, whether they have old restorations or teeth need crowns (covers).
The Zirconia Dental Crowns provide a formidable naturalness that is given by the translucence that has the material to have no presence of metal.
WHY CHOOSE ZIRCONIA CROWNS
The Zirconia crowns are the dental cases cataloged as the most aesthetic that currently exist. This is because they are made 100% Zirconia, without the presence of any metal, so always maintain the homogeneity of the color of the tooth that has been chosen.
You can select the color tone to be similar to the tone of the adjacent teeth, so the case perfectly blends.
With the passage of time the wear of the Zirconia sheath is minimal and thus does not present alterations, but also because it does not carry metal, only the Zirconia is seen in the event of minimal wear.
In patients with receding gum problems, the metal cannot be seen between the gum and the sleeve because it does not carry metal.
By not carrying metal, it is very unlikely that they will have to be replaced by other new crowns in cases of possible fractures, or excessive wear, which occurs in a minimum case of patients.
The crowns are completely made of porcelain with a white Zirconia core instead of metal. Despite this they have a great resistance, so that aesthetics does not enter competition with functionality. Zirconia sleeves are also known as zirconia crowns, all-ceramic crowns or all-metal crowns.
ADVANTAGES OF ZIRCONIA CASES
- These are dental covers or crowns without metal, are made of Zirconia.
- It allows a more natural and aesthetic appearance of the tooth.
- It becomes a perfect tooth over the oral cavity, so nobody notices the difference.
- The Zirconia crowns are highly resistant to fractures so you can eat without having to take special care or have to be worried.
- They can be individual, to be able to flossbetween teeth and keep them cleaner.
- With the passage of time, no dark parts are seen near the gum area. This happens with traditional metal-ceramic crowns.
- Zirconia sleeves or crowns do not stain or darken with food, as sometimes happens with reconstructions or old composite fillings.
INDICATIONS FOR ZIRCONIA DENTAL CROWNS
They are especially suitable for the anterior aesthetic area, for the smile. They can be placed on:
- Zirconia crowns on dental implants:for when a tooth has been lost; the Zirconia crowns are placed on a dental implant.
- Zirconia crowns on teeth: theyare placed on the tooth that is deteriorated and is prepared before its placement.
THE DISADVANTAGES OF THE ZIRCONIA CROWN
The main and only disadvantage of the Zirconia oxide crown is the economic cost that is higher compared to those of metal-ceramics or pure ceramics (see the prices of dental crowns). This is due to the material that is high economic cost, to the very complicated and complex production technology that requires laboratories and dental proteins with adequate and high competencies.
E technical sta is increasingly popular large scale in the field of cosmetic dentistry and its popularity will increase significantly
EMAX OF LITHIUM DISILICATE: DENTAL RESTORATIONS
It is an innovative ceramic that provides really satisfactory aesthetic results, and provides strength and resistance up to three times higher than other materials.
The technique used for the realization of Emax Dental Crowns consists of generating in a single piece in block the crown of Lithium Disilicate that we will use to rehabilitate the pieces damaged or to replace.
On certain occasions, lithium disilicate emax in combination with Zirconia oxide is also used to create bridges in the posterior dental area.
The material is combined in the laboratory with CAD / CAM technology or pressure, and thus the results offer a cementing of the flexible parts with resistances between 360 and 400 MPa.
In the end, the goal is for the patient to be satisfied with their final aesthetic appearance .
This type of material called emax lithium disilicate is usually indicated in the following cases:
- In patients who require complete and partial crowns.
- In cases of very thin veneers, about 0.3 millimeters.
- In implant superstructures, premolar bridges and bridges of three units
By way of conclusion we can say that the emax of lithium disilicate gives a natural tonality to the replaced dental pieces, so that the aesthetic result is very effective, it is also a material with a high resistance so the durability of the pieces is absolute.
The way to proceed when implanting this type of materials is very little invasive, and offers a very versatile use of the teeth, which in any case, will look for their high sense of dental aesthetics.