Are you looking for the RT-PCR Test in Delhi? If the answer is yes, then this blog will provide you with all the relevant details.
Testing is the only way to beat the coronavirus. And for testing, the RT-PCR test is top-notch. When you come across symptoms of COVID, going for a test is the only wise option. But most of us get confused as there are options such as a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR Test. The dilemma here is which one to take. Testing is the key to eradicating this virus, but understanding which tests to take helps you make wise decisions.
This blog will cover all the information about RT-PCR and why it is effective compared to other tests. Also, if you want to take the RT-PCR Test in Delhi, then you can visit this https://spicehealth.com/book-rt-pcr-test-in-delhi/ to know more.
What is the RT-PCR Test?
RT-PCR is a testing approach for identifying viral genetic information (viral RNA) in a biological specimen after it has been expanded. It is the current standard for diagnosing pathogen presence in the respiratory system, i.e., diagnosing existing infections. This approach has a high level of sensitivity and specificity, making it extremely dependable.
Nose swabs are obtained from an individual and inserted in a viral transport medium in the standard technique of screening. A portion of the fluid is collected, viral RNA is isolated from it, and an RT-PCR test is performed. The rest is put away. The stage of extracting the RNA takes the most time. This is the reason test results take time.
What Makes RT-PCR More Effective?
The real-time RT–PCR technology is sensitive and specific, and it can provide a solid result in three hours, although labs often require six to eight hours. Because the procedure can be performed out under a tube, “real-time” RT–PCR is substantially faster and has a smaller risk of infection or mistakes than other existing virus protein modifications. It is still the most accurate approach for detecting the COVID-19 virus.
Some reasons you should prefer taking the RT-PCR test in Delhi are listed below:
- Often, the test results of the Rapid Antigen Test are not accurate. It is only good for identifying who has the higher symptoms of COVID. In such cases, health practitioners are advised to take the RT-PCR test.
- The RT-PCR test results are supreme most times. If you are planning to travel from one state to another, then having a negative RT-PCR report can save you from all kinds of state obligations.
Some downsides of the RT-PCR Test:
- The technique’s general shortcomings also make it difficult to apply on a large scale. To begin with, some critical testing supplies such as reagents, nasal swabs, and transport media are required to do the test. All these materials are in limited quantities which makes it impossible to do tests on a massive scale.
- Further, the test report takes time which puts an unnecessary halt on the preventive measure. This can lead to virus spread.
- Even though this method can provide findings in hours, the economics of sample preparation, transportation to a central laboratory, sample testing, and result delivery can cause a considerable delay
- The test is also expensive as it can’t be taken out anywhere. The test procedure requires a well-equipped lab with all necessary equipment.
Cost – RT-PCR test in Delhi
The price of the RT-PCR test in Delhi has recently been revised. Now the procedure costs Rs 300 if it is performed by a government official. The house call will cost Rs 700. Further, if it is performed in a private laboratory, the price would be Rs 500.
That’s it! Now you know all about the RT-PCR test and why it is more effective. Other than testing, it is also important to follow all corona guidelines if you are positive. Further. Also wear a mask, sanitize and make necessary distance while going to public places. These little measures can really help us fight the deadly COVID virus.