After you have completed the loading phase, it is time to move on to the hardest phase of the HCG diet that is less enjoyable phase 2. The very low-calorie diet where you will experience the rapid weight loss that has made the HCG diet, as famous as compared to other diets. The diet is extremely effective if followed on a regular basis.
The low-calorie diet really works, but you have to put effort into making it effective and work to lose weight. Phase two of the HCG diet suggests eating 500 to 700 calories per day. As the calories are not much, you might feel very hungry while following the diet. You will also find yourself craving foods during phase 2 of the HCG diet. HCG is called as Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin, which is produced during pregnancy. One of the commonly used HCG drugs is Zyhcg – 5000 i.u, which is extremely effective in treating infertility issues in women.
There are ways that you can help reduce the cravings and help you stay on track. Following the HCG diet requires willpower and determination. The following tips may help you reduce your cravings and help you stick to the low-calorie diet.
- Spread your calorie consumption- It is absolutely not good for your stomach if you eat all your 500 calories in the first few hours of the day, you will be going to feel hungry for the entire day and can do nothing about it. Therefore, it is better to eat in very small amounts throughout the day so that your stomach is not empty for as long. The best way to do is to spread your calorie intake. Consider eating something small every couple of hours. Start your day with an apple. Then after taking a bath and walking for a while when you actually feel hungry, eat your breakfast food from the approved list. Eat snacks after a couple of hours later, and then have your lunch two hours later. Follow this eating pattern and break your 500 calories into several meals. This way your stomach feels less empty and you more likely to stick to the diet.
- Eat Foods that fill your stomach and are low-calorie foods- Consider eating foods that give the feeling of fullness. Vegetables like lettuce are a great choice. You can eat as much as lettuce as you want and you can never cross the limit of 500 calories. Onion, asparagus, and vinegar are a part of the HCG diet. So you can have these vegetables along with a little vinegar on it. This meal will help your stomach full for a long time.
- Drink Lots of Water- Drink a lot of water to make your belly full even if has nothing. Drink water whenever you feel hungry, this will keep hunger attacks away until your next meal. Also, consider drinking water with your every meal. This will help get full faster, and in this way, you can save calories for the rest of the day. Consuming a lot of water will help you lose extra pounds. Drinking more water means you flush more toxins and fat cells from your body. This contributes to weight loss. Note that drinking only eight glasses of water will not cut extra fat; you need more shed extra fats.
- Consume Tea- If you are not able to drink water more than eight glasses, drinking tea; is also an appetite suppressant. Tea is believed to end cravings and hunger. Tea does not taste too bad, so you can enjoy it at any time during your HCG diet. Prefer drinking it plain because if you add anything to enhance it tastes, it will be no longer on the approved list of the HCG diet. Say no to sugar and honey when you are HCG diet.
- Busy yourself to prevent hunger- Do things that prevent you from eating. A better option is to brush your teeth when you are hungry. Many people don’t want to eat right after brushing teeth. So this might be a good option.